- Follow first hand accounts of a former homebody on WordPress.com
Categories I write about
Themes that tag at my heartabout me about us Africa beauty Being Black belief bible god Bible Study blogging books Books reading Cape Town children Christianity cooking design dot economics education faith family fashion female friendship food friends friendship God good growing up. growth hair Heart matters home home decor Johannesburg Kenya language life life lessons lists love loves madness marriage me misc motherhood music Nairobi Nigeria parenthood parenting pasta recipe Pinterest Podcasts race random random musings reading recipes relationships school South Africa Sunday Reads tea travel Uganda Urban dictionary weddings weddings. planning women women and work words we need work working
Tag Archives: recipes
- The power of connection and being bold to ask for something
- Raising bilingual kids
- The pressure to exclusively breastfeed is hurting mothers’ mental health
- Rethinking efficiency and productivity in meetings
- Really thinking through each critical step of decisions you have to make
- Fish and Chips shops in Joburg
- chickpea and kale shakshuka
- Meatballs with any type of meat
- … another meatball recipe
- cooking with zucchini
- How to get kids to read more.
- Miscarriages are never easy to talk about.
- Traveling with kids and toddlers
- Imagine being married for 64 years and then getting sweet anniversary shots.
- This TEDTalk made me realise I need to let go of a certain friendship
- “The story I’m telling myself…”
- It breaks my heart that kids go home sans any clothes
- Making ice cream with your toddlers.
- I thought this video announcing their pregnancy reflected my own journey
- Traveling with baby …. we have a little trip planned later next month so. …
- I LOVED this book, please read it!!
- What Every Grandparent Needs to Tell Their Grandchildren
- I love these breastfeeding tips for new mothers.
- Making time for all the things that you need to as a parent.
- Truly the Victor dictates history
- The lies parents tell to keep peace and sanity around the house.
- May the Church of God continue to stand strong always.
- Just read a bit of the Word, regardless.
- This little baby made my day.
- These lessons can easily apply to any new job.
- Oh New York how much I love thee
- RTWT – Read The Whole Thread
- I suppose middle class parents mean well but the cost of intensive parenting is rather steep.
- Loved the reasons that kids threw tantrums, so hilarious but i suppose not for the parents.
- I want to check out this Art bar in Braamfontein.
- Being a good friend at all times is quite tough but beneficial.
- An ode to female friendships
- How do you talk to kids about attacks on their faith?
- Economics meets theology, I love it!
- How to Discern God’s Will in Your Workplace
- I pray for strong faith like this Chinese Pastors‘.
- In case you are looking for some book inspiration …
- …. also how to get more reading done.
- I love it when Economics solves an actual problem.
- Enjoyed the writing not so much the subject of this profile.
- This Humans of New York story just broke me.
A condition in which someone feels compelled to constantly bring things that make them look good in casual conversation. It can be the same thing every time or a variety of things; as long as the subtle or obvious aim is to make themselves sound or look cool, it’s a flex, and if it happens all the time, it’s chronic. It’s most obvious when a detail is tossed in that is really unnecessary for any other purpose than flexing.
A variation of ghosting, in which the ghoster continues indirect contact with the ghosted by liking and faveing his or her social media content.
- How do you talk to kids about attacks on their faith?
- FOMO and the Christian.
- Isn’t this so cute of Prince Charles?
- Representation is everything.
- How do chefs work around their own food allergies while at work?
- Women and emotional labour
- Food unites immigrants
- Racism and poverty are systematic.
- Male friendships are not always easy to understand or appreciate.
- Not sure what must be done so the Gun problem in America is fixed.
- We all have stories of the first night you met your in-laws.
- Love how this father dealt with the loss of his wife.
- Is African philosophy a misnomer?
- We recently studied the relationship between Ruth and Naomi.
- Some podcast recommendations.
- I loved this post and all the comments.
- I want to check out this restaurant.
- I struggle with a proper Christian view of comfort.
- Planning a trip to Greater Nairobi?
- How not to parent.
- For those that have people in their lives that don’t read but want to get started.
- What happens to your body when you stop drinking alcohol?
- When you are serving looks.
- Visit Joburg’s Little Addis.
- Facing the future with God.
- The more I read about it, the more I think America is like any other African country 😦
- Would you keep a journal of all your failures?
- Why is Cape Town so cliquey?
- Please read this post on church planting and then listen to This America’s Life podcast on the same.
- I’d also love to know my family history but what if it yields such a negative story?
- How did you know your person is the one?
- Each of us has elements of being a people pleaser.
- …. because I love talking about #2’s
- This list talks of the world but glaringly omits Africa.
- I love these book club recommendations and the fact that I have read so many of them already. Nice!!
- Quick weeknight dinners coz we all need those at some point or another.
- I love potato salad but I hate the creaminess of mayo and that’s absent in this recipe.
- Another yummy pasta recipe.
- .. and another set of recipes.
- Blueberry ice cream for the soul.
Something done with the audacity of white privilege.
An act showing little compassion towards people of color.
- On being young, overeducated and struggling to find employment.
- How do you pick yourself up after failure?
- Faith in the workplace.
- For those looking to get married, here is an ebook you can enjoy as you prepare yourself.
- Lost and found in Tokyo.
- How you can help refugees in your town.
- A Tour of Johannesburg Food Trucks
- This advise for young college graduates still resonates.
- … this too.
- Some questions to ask as you interview.
- God calls us to be faithful not successful.
- I have thought of starting a podcast with a pal *sigh*
- Things to do around my new hood.
- This is so odd of me but I really want to have a party with a cheese plate 🙂
- Artichoke & Quinoa Vegetarian Enchiladas
- Quick Vegan Enchiladas with Sweet Potato Sauce
- A fail proof way to make sorbet.
- Love this chocolate cake recipe.
- A pasta salad with roasted carrots and sunflower seed dressing
- This coffee recipe sounds yum 🙂
- Vegan Panna Cotta recipes
- Food is a way of travelling for instance to Laos.
- I love this cute love story of how they met ❤
- I am doing a Whole 30 in June with a pal. Looking forward. Some meal inspirations here and here.
- Some ways to teach your kids about money.
- We are all guilty of e-bailing at some point or another.
- Maybe a bad feminist call but this article about female priests in the Catholic church pissed me off some.
- I rather enjoyed this article about whether you are your moms favourite kid.
- Clean daily to help you stay on top of your household needs.