Posted in home, life, Motherhood/ Parenting
Tagged baking, food, friendship, Johannesburg, parenting, pasta recipe, recipes, salads, Sunday Reads, Urban dictionary, words we need
I love to cook, however,I find that there are certain things that I just never cook or make from scratch. Or if I do, then I just never stray past the initial recipe.
So what are some things that I would love to cook that I don’t currently?
Are there things in the kitchen that you often shy away from attempting?
I miss my gal pals the most when I see stuff like this that we could do together .
I particularly think of the things that I have missed out on with my better female friends: baby showers, bridal showers, high tea, being able to do random things together, road trips, dinners, first homes, come meet my new guy, the new baby, watch a new show together and laugh about it – just a lot of stuff. Yes, IRL I have friends and people I do this but it’s also different.
From the blog post:
I particularly love #2,6, 9 and have done #3 – adult baking dates are awesome – 10, 13.
The comments as usual provides such gems and so here is my to do with a friend list.
- Volunteer together at a cause that’s meaningful to either or both of us.
- More concerts – I watched John Legend with a pal and her cool mom and it was awesome!
- Coworking sessions. Yes to these.
- Sit together and read dates.
- Sleepovers with no husbands or kids.
- Pottery / learn something class.
- Try and commit to an exercise class together.
- Talk about podcast episodes we both love. Tried to get so many pals into this that I am glad I can do it with my sister and partly with The Mr.
- Watch TV shows together and make comments in between, ideally together or even if separately, concurrently.
- Same day road trips and do stuff along the way or at the destination.
- Supper club where each person brings one.
In fact, I decided to have a little snacks and games afternoon at my place next month! Done!!
Posted in Heart matters
Tagged baking, books, classes, Cup of Jo, exercise, female bonding, female friendship, food, friendship, Podcasts, reading, TV
Posted in books, good, Heart matters, home, life, marriage
Tagged African writing, aging, Algeria, anniversaries, baking, faith, friendship, gifts, God, healthy-living, home, India, Kenya decides, Pakistan, racism, recipes, Science, sin, Sunday Reads, tea, The Bachelorette
Posted in books, Heart matters, home, life, marriage
Tagged Africa, baking, Being Black, Bible Study, book club, Cape Town, coffee, culture, death, hospitality, ice cream, Inspiration, Kampala, motherhood, natural hair, Uganda
Posted in design, Heart matters, life, marriage, working
Tagged baby shower, baking, books, growth, hair, marriage, motherhood, Uganda, women and work, women at work
Happy Valentines Day all … Something warm and fuzzy!
- Healthy pumpkin and oat bread
- Finally government and ruling party comment on the evil virginity bursary schemes.
- Loved this story about second hand booksellers in Joburg.
- Simple enough DIY involving a wok that turns into a lamp.
- Childhood obesity is on the increase. In Sub-Saharan Africa *GASP*
- Fascinating read on a river that actually boils.
- Lunch club anyone?
- Always in life it helps to be a unique individual. Always. Be Unique.
- This cooking project in Delhi just warmed my heart for some reason.
- On the schooling options for Black children and the issues to consider: One and Two.
“The paradox of elite education in SA is that it breeds an economic elite with very little social literacy, and who display contempt for the idea of social intelligence.”
Posted in design, Heart matters, home
Tagged Africa, baking, books, Brazil, children, design, DIY, education, enviroment, girl child, Heart matters, home, lunch, traditions
Posted in Heart matters, home, life, madness
Tagged baking, cake, coconut, data, economics, fish, food, Heart matters, home, life, madness, Malcolm Gladwell, migration, parenthood, Refugees, statistics, Tinder, Twitter, violence
- A bit delayed but goes to show my love for Serena Williams.
- Some inspiring and some not so inspiring toilet messages.
- 31 Make Ahead lunches for the days when you need inspiration.
- A beautiful profile of the Pope
- Always down to read many tips on how to style a bookshelf
- I must confess I have also stalked people online many a time before.
- I would love to read this book!
- An interesting take on differences (or lack thereof) in the productivity of Agricultural v Non-agricultural workers.
- Do you use Google or a Cookbook to get recipes!
- I promised to bake cake for my nephews upcoming 11th birthday so here are a few recipes I am considering:
Posted in home
Tagged baking, books, cakes, cooking, economics, home, Inspiration, lunches, productivity, Serena Williams, stalking