Posted in home
Tagged Addis, America, Christianity, faith, healthy-living, Johannesburg, Nairobi, pasta recipe, recipes, travelling, Urban dictionary, words we need
I love New York, I just love it and so I wanted to share a couple of books that remind me of the Big Apple.
- I have shared before that I did not really like Open City and I thought he was just showing off.
- I LOVED Behold the Dreamers. I felt it was more relateable.
- Everyone is raving about the Leavers but I felt it would have been a better short story but it gave me a glimpse of Upstate New York.
Do you love the Big Apple and have you read any books based on this city?
Posted in books
Tagged Behold the Dreamers, books, Books reading, Imbolo Mbue, Lisa Ko, New York, Open City, Teju Cole, The Leavers, travel, travelling
Posted in home
Tagged baby marrow, Being Black, belief, bible god, faith, God, motherhood, parenting, recipes, relationships, salads, Sunday Reads, travelling, zucchini
Posted in books, home, life, working
Tagged African writing, cooking, gender, land, recipes, Serena Williams, South Africa, travel, travelling, women and work, writing
I was listening to Cape Talk this afternoon and the presenter was talking of the touristy things in Cape Town that local residents had never gotten round to doing. This triggered a similar thought for Nairobi. So here goes my list according to Travel Start and Migrationology.com.
- Go Karting on Langata Road.
- Ice Skating at Panari Sky Centre.
- Watch a local production at Phoenix Theatre.
- Visit the highest floor of the Kenyatta International Conference Centre (KICC).
- Attend Rugby Sevens.
Do you live in an iconic city? Have you crossed off most items on your city’s to-do list?
I recently went to Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and all I can say of the trip is heat, beauty and Vic Falls. Wow, just wow!!!
Posted in good, Heart matters, home
Tagged Africa, beauty, God, Mosi-oa-Tunya, travel, travelling, Victoria Falls, Wonders of the World, Zimbabwe
Before I die, I would love to visit the following places:
- Lamu, Kenya.
- Africa: Morocco, Namibia and Senegal.
- Asia – India, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Singapore, Portugal, Thailand and Bangladesh.
- The US: New York, Washington DC
- Europe: London, Paris, Czech Republic, Spain and Portugal.
Here’s to safe and happy travelling!
On this day in history, well, only eight years ago,I boarded a plane with a plan for two years but all of my worldly possessions and came to start my Honors and then Masters Degree the next year.
All I can say, this far the Lord has brought me and has continued to sustain me through so many lessons, firsts, lasts and experiences altogether. In keeping with my desire to be grateful this year, I am extremely grateful and my heart bubbles over.
Thanks for the memories and here’s to so many more years to come.
I was talking to a highly accomplished friend of mine (Rhodes Scholar, two Masters degrees, now studying at Harvard) last week and this thought popped into my head when we were both lamenting the fact that we want to do (the elusive) MORE with our lives but don’t know what that is and in the meantime we are torn between having faith in God and just feeling jaded.
Am I living my most authentic life? Probably not:
- I believe as a Christian that I need to serve God with my talents and gifting but I just do not know where. I am called to teach but I don’t think its to Sunday school. I feel very passionate about women and empowering them, is that it Lord?
- I am dissatisfied with the Church that I currently go to and I think its related to (1) above. I don’t feel this is my eventual spiritual home so I feel pushed out, but in a way that will encourage searching and greater fulfilment in my Christian walk.
- What about PhD topics and the bit that involves funding? I just wanna pipe down and get the proposal done but it always ends in a resounding BUT …
- I wrote this post of things I would like to achieve before I turn 30 and let’s just say its nowhere near complete and I feel like I have really let myself down and I am trying in the next 16 months to try and catch up on that. So help me God.
- I am grateful for my job, but I am not content or happy with it and I feel like the elusive Gen X’er!
- I really want to travel, but I mostly want to travel on my own for a couple of days. I am considering a walking tour to the Eastern Cape for a couple of days. Only question is when?????
What would help you know you are living your most authentic life?
Posted in books, design, good, Heart matters, home, madness, marriage
Tagged 30 'fore 30, authentic life, books, church, design, dot, empowering women, good, Heart matters, home, living, madness, marriage, spiritual gifts, travelling, women