Love her glasses
Love the pop of colour.
I love the lighting fixtures
Her make up is flawless!
Just the imagery of this ..
In keeping with my 2016 theme to be more rooted and connected, this is what I hope to do in March.
- Reach out to close friends via calls, emails or messages to talk about what’s really happening in our lives. I mean group communication and Facebook is great but not all the time. Also, to get into the habit of praying for friends and family.
- Do more outdoorsy stuff and enjoy the last of the Cape Town glorious weather.
- Cook more and enjoy that time.
- Get data and finalise topic for school.
- Read more African literature (more on this later).
- Host a high school friend and her family for lunch.
- Hang up more pictures around the house.
Will post at the end of the month how it’s all going.
Posted in books, design, Heart matters, home, school
Tagged 2016 Theme, African writing, books, Books reading, cooking, design, entertainment, friendship, Heart matters, home, home decor, PhD, school
Posted in home
Tagged blanket, conception, crotcheting, Donors, education, hair, home, home decor, investment, Johannesburg, men, money, No, Sunday Reads, wealth, women and work
Below see some pins that have been getting some love on my different Pinterest boards.
I love their glasses first of all and then the beautiful locs styles – low maintenance but stylish!
I loved the curls and the size of the locs.
This actually challenged me to colour coordinate my bookshelf. So beautiful!
I would cut my hair this short if I got bored of my locs.
I love Nidhi’s cartoons and I love how she expresses love between herself and her husband. ❤
Posted in design, Heart matters
Tagged about us, design, dreadlocks, dreads, hair, Heart matters, home, home decor, love, Pinterest
Posted in books, design, Heart matters, home, life, working
Tagged books, design, economics, foreigners, giving, healthy-living, Heart matters, home, home decor, life, lunch at work, miscarriages, motherhood, working
Posted in good, Heart matters, home
Tagged born, Cape Town, cooking, developmental states, good, Heart matters, home, home decor, IKEA, niece, parenthood, Sunday Reads, tea leaves, the IKEA Effect
I had taken some time off work this week so I the reads will be fewer than usual!
- Ever wondered how headhunting happens for some of the more senior positions? Here’s how … (Audio)
- God definitely made bacon and this would make Him happy.
- Because I am really serious about hanging stuff on my walls and here is a lovely tutorial of how to do it properly.
- These shootings while wrong are so heartbreaking!
- I feel about this exactly what I feel about wedding financing! BAD IDEA!!
- For the econometric geeks out there – dealing with missing data!
- The solution for corruption is not as simplistic or clear-cut as increasing wages. So what to do?
- Caring for your locs. Also, I am sometimes fascinated by the actual voice of some of the blogs I read and this chick is nothing like I expected …
Posted in design, life, working
Tagged bacon, blogging, corruption, design, econometrics, economics, governance, home decor, Israel, life, locs, weaves, weddings. planning, working
I am not really an active Pinner but it has slowly become the last thing I do just before I fall off to sleep. One of the most common pins on my profile that has the most likes and pins is the following diagram and I thought it apt to explain why I pinned it to begin with.
Source | Pinned here by me
Coffee table. I have been looking for an interesting piece of furniture like this for my house and I just love that it’s quite unique and it would give character to any room. I also just love lamps. In any form
Wall colour. I love how intense it is but also the beautiful contrast between it and the brown table and the furniture. Would love to try it on one room wall before being bold to do it all over a room / the house.
Gallery wall. For some time I have been toying with doing this well, because we have all these wedding pictures and other stuff from before that it would be lovely to showcase them like this.
Bookshelf. In place of buying one, it’s quite a space save to make one out of a pre-existing wall like this.
Do you also like this pin? What’s your favourite detail?
Loving jumpsuits – they allow me to feel playful and grown up
Beautiful home decor, particularly coffee tables
This quinoa recipe
Beautiful loc styles
Her make up. Clean and with her eyes popping
As I get beautiful images, will try and share more as well.
Posted in design, good, home, life
Tagged about me, coats, decor, design, fashion, food, good, hair, home, home decor, jackets, jumpsuits, life, likes, Pinterest
I recently discovered this blog that posts a pic a day of the most beautiful homes. Seeing as I have recently moved and creating a home, these are some of the things I have been drooling about recently.
Love this little dining space
A moment for the colour of the wall!! Also love the table and the coffee tables.
Maybe just one of these at the foot of our bed
I like the imagery of the mismatched dinning chairs
Table for two? With the beautiful lighting fixture
Just the arrangement of this loft! The windows, the couches, the dining table. Just. ALL. Of. It
Now to pray for money to buy beautiful furnishings for our place!
I secretly like to think of myself as a bit of an interior decorator and often drool over different rooms and set ups and below are some that happened to catch my eye this past week.
Hope you have enjoy these rooms as I have enjoyed clicking on them repeatedly!
Love the treatment of the wall and the open shelves
With the bed a bit higher, I could have this as my bedroom.
With this reading nook, I do solemnly promise to read for at least an hour daily!
Such a sucker for the ceiling and the wooden planks …