Over the holiday I got a bit tired of listening to the same subscribed podcast content so I challenged myself to listen to shows I wouldn’t normally do or I had heard but did not want to commit to full subscription just yet. So here are some of those fantastic episodes.
- Young Love – Where should we begin by Esther Perel.
- I felt my back stand up when I first listened to her views on infidelity so I wasn’t open at all but I liked it so much I listened to this other episode on sexlessness.
- Radio Diaries’ Teenage Diariesrevisited. I love that kind of radio soooo much. I was hanging on the edge of my seat listening. Definitely subscribing. As a teen I would have loved to participate in such an activity, to be honest, even now I would.
- Other episode I loved was Thembi’s Diary.
- BBC Woman’s Hour had a phone-in on Monday on #Megxit. Hot mess.
- I love that Motherhood Sessions is back but jeez that first episode? Messy.
- Borders Between Us by The Nod stressed to me how as parents we do the best for our kids and hope.
- I have been listening to this podcast following three pregnant teens (ethics and judgment suspended) and in this episode we meet four generations of teen moms in one family. Give it a listen, it’s nothing like what you expect.
- Still Processingdiscussed Michelle Obama’s book Becoming. JUST GO AND LISTEN. IT’S GOOD.
I know it’s a lot but do yourself a favour and just listen.
Posted in books, design, good, Heart matters, home, life, madness, marriage, Motherhood/ Parenting, school, working
Tagged Becoming, Esther Perel, love, loves, Megxit, Michelle Obama, motherhood, Motherhood Sessions, Podcasts, pregnancy, Radio Diaries, Sunday Listens, Sunday Reads, teenage sex, Womans Hour
Posted in home, Motherhood/ Parenting, working
Tagged babies, belief, careers, cooking, faith, Heart matters, parenthood, parenting, Pasta, pasta recipe, recipes, Sunday Reads, women and work, work philosophy, working
Posted in Heart matters, home, Motherhood/ Parenting
Tagged advice, body issue, books, Books reading, house, language, marriage, relationship advice, Sunday Reads
Posted in home, life, Motherhood/ Parenting
Tagged baking, food, friendship, Johannesburg, parenting, pasta recipe, recipes, salads, Sunday Reads, Urban dictionary, words we need
A condition in which someone feels compelled to constantly bring things that make them look good in casual conversation. It can be the same thing every time or a variety of things; as long as the subtle or obvious aim is to make themselves sound or look cool, it’s a flex, and if it happens all the time, it’s chronic. It’s most obvious when a detail is tossed in that is really unnecessary for any other purpose than flexing.
A variation of ghosting, in which the ghoster continues indirect contact with the ghosted by liking and faveing his or her social media content.
Posted in home, working
Tagged Being Black, food, foodies, friendship, Guns, pasta recipe, poverty, Prince Charles, race, recipes, Sunday Reads, Urban dictionary, words we need
Posted in Heart matters, home, life
Tagged Africa, Book of 1 Samuel, BSF, BSF International, Cup of Jo, grief, Johannesburg, philosophy, POTPL, recipes, sadness, Sunday Reads
Posted in Heart matters, home, marriage, Motherhood/ Parenting
Tagged Christianity, eggplant, faith, Heart matters, homosexuality, Johannesburg, marriage, Podcasts, reading, recommendations, Sunday Reads
Posted in books, Heart matters, home, life, marriage
Tagged Cape Town, family, Heart matters, history, journaling, love, pasta recipe, Poo, recipes, relationships, Sunday Reads, words we need
Posted in Heart matters, home, marriage, working
Tagged cooking, DIY, faith, ice cream, Japan, Johannesburg, marriage, recipes, Refugees, success, Sunday Reads, working, youth
Posted in books, Heart matters, home, working
Tagged books, cooking, faith, fatherhood, music, pasta recipe, recommendations, South Africa, Sunday Reads, Uganda, xenophobia
Where are you going. You cannot leave with so many pieces of me still inside you. How will I ever put myself back together again.
Posted in books, Heart matters, home, life, marriage, Motherhood/ Parenting, working
Tagged belief, faith, Heart matters, Kenyan elections, motherhood, parenting, Podcasts, recipes, recommendations, Sunday Reads, technology, travel, women at work
Posted in Heart matters, home, life, Motherhood/ Parenting, working
Tagged Black Panther, contact shame, deface, Feminism, motherhood, pasta recipe, prayer, recipes, sex, short stories, style, Sunday Reads, Tokyo, Urban dictionary, women and work, words we need, YouTube
This definition of her: to go from her father to her husband, to be pretty, docile – a man made tragedy. Her soul was made of larger, more powerful things, things that create or desecrate armies and galaxies. This is why when she loves she changes kingdoms, and when she hates she destroys legacies. Nikita Gill, Jasmine, A Princess That Belonged To Herself First
Posted in books, Heart matters, home, marriage, school, working
Tagged books, Books reading, Chicken, church, faith, fish, friendship, gender, marriage, new year resolutions, pasta recipe, poetry, recipes, Sunday Reads, working
Posted in home
Tagged #MeTooPhd, bible god, economics, faith, Game of Thrones, motherhood, Podcasts, poetry, recipes, recommendations, Sunday Reads