I initially started this blog to keep in touch with my friends in Nairobi as I left home to study at the University of the Witwatersrand in 2008 where I did my Honours and Masters degree in Economics. I then got a job offer and decided to stay on and work for a couple of years and now I appear set to permanently reside here.
Over time, I have documented different aspects of my daily life, my thoughts, views and opinion on myriad topics and gained a new set of followers and frequent commentators, whom I greatly appreciate.
So who am I?
- I identify foremost with my Christian position as a child of God, believing in the risen Jesus Christ and His redemptive work for me on the cross (John 3:16);
- As the last born girl of five and beloved daughter, aunt to three (2 nephews and a niece) and now wife;
- Loyal friend to many both here, back home and across the world;
- I read widely and will frequently review books;
- I love to cook food and try out a certain kind of restaurant (that cannot be pretentious) and will occasionally talk about both here;
- I love, love, love listening to music;
- Passionate, over-analyser, equal parts talkative and very reserved, very naughty and not half as serious as I appear.
Unlike those blogs that specifically have a particular theme: foodie, mommy blogger, restaurant critic, travel/lifestyle, I simply write about what catches my fancy honestly and trying to see the humour where it exists as much as I can. So do stick around and/or follow me or post comments.