A friend is waiting to have her first baby any time now and a popular blog I read often asks participants what advice they would give a first time mama and only now am I kind of ready to attempt answering that.
- A birth plan is great, but don’t be too tied to it, things happen so be flexible.
- Have a plan for who you want to visit you once baby comes. Be clear what you expect and what you would like.
- If your mom or sister, or other trusted female relative can come, let them. In laws are great but for the first one its nice to have someone you are closely related to.
- Have someone who loves you look out for post natal depression. It’s a reality.
- Little kids don’t need too much stuff and they outgrow stuff so quickly so don’t over shop it might all go to waste.
- If you have a partner, your communication will take a bit of a knock but resolve to work on it and adapt together.
- Babies cry. Soon you will develop a tough skin when they do. When you can’t settle them, give them a bath or strip them of their clothes for a little while.
- Lastly, you are the best mama for that baby. No one can do it better than you. YOU GOT THIS.