Posted in Heart matters, home, life, madness
Tagged baking, cake, coconut, data, economics, fish, food, Heart matters, home, life, madness, Malcolm Gladwell, migration, parenthood, Refugees, statistics, Tinder, Twitter, violence
Some great reads coming up from a less than warm Joburg morning 🙂
- Love this blogger, her pictures are spectacular. Check out her guide to the off-track places to visit in Joburg.
- Two very opposing views on Rihanna’s latest video. I watched the preview on the BET Awards then I caught twenty seconds of the actual video and I stopped. I think it’s gross and demeaning. View one, View two.
- Some reading lists from Africa and India.
- Some influential Africans to watch on Twitter.
- The blogger herself is actually quite a lovely writer too!
- In case you are wondering what to do with an overload of cauliflower and zuccini.
- I am not my hair. I have my hair natural and locked but I accept that different versions work for different African women and people should select what they like and work with that and not judge other women for choosing to do something different with their hair.
- I love this lady’s home. VERY MUCH!!
- Definitely trying out this Chicken/Rice recipe this weekend.
- Might also try this chicken and couscous salad recipe.
- Wanna know how your income fares globally? Try this Calculator here.
- More about how Uber enters markets.
- Very interesting conversation around amateur porn by Rashida Jones (Be warned, the content could be offensive for sensitive readers)
- Looking to volunteer your time at a worthy cause? Here is a site that connects volunteers to need.
- Do you love to learn something new each day?
Posted in home
Tagged Africa, beauty, Blogs, books, cauliflower, cooking, decor, economics, hair, home, India, Johannesburg, recipes, Rihanna, Twitter, Uber
Post title translation from Kiswahili: One need not
No really, you don’t have to do this. EVER!! Bleaching to me screams of self hate and this is a special kind I mean the lady (sic?) could not even look at herself.