- I am convinced someone might one day want to write my biography so I am cataloguing my life in this blog, journals and keeping significant letters and cards.
- I sometimes cook like I am presenting a cooking show online. This involves preparing all the ingredients in advance and sometimes explaining what it is I am doing.
- I play back all voice notes I send to try and determine whether I do have a good voice for radio. I am not sure I do.
Love the style but I keep thinking of the strain on the hairline and the overall weight.
I love her ear rings and her overall attitude
Such a dreamy bathroom
I have spoken about podcasts and how much I love them here so many times before. Here are some of my favourites and as an added bonus recent episodes I have listened to that I just loved (please click on the image to get the episode that I loved).
Posted in books, Heart matters, home, working
Tagged books, Call Your Girlfriend, Ear Hustle, Favourites, Fresh Air, Guns, Hidden Brain, Hillary Rodham Clinton, HRC, love, Podcasts, prison, Robert Peace, Roxanne Gay, stuff about me, stuff I like
All of this week I am thinking a lot about relationships and one long-term one that I have is with my dreadlocks.
After seven and a half years, I really really still love my hair. It is now waist-length and just as exciting as when it was first locked. After all these years, I still get excited at having my hair washed, twisted and then styled. Before that I delight myself by looking at pictures online and choosing an appropriate style and then looking forward to the big reveal at the salon. When I see someone with dreadlocks that either have a style I would like, that are dyed beautifully, longer and sometimes even shorter than mine but just look so good, I get the worst dread envy.
And all of the above is how I know that I made the best move and I still don’t regret it. Nah, nope, I am still good. CONFESSION: Come Summer, I do want to trim them slightly shorter, just an itsy bitsy bit.
In the meantime, below are some styles I am looking forward to in the next couple of months.
For a wedding or special date night
I love the braid at the front, it elevates an otherwise boring style
I love the take on the traditional morehawk – but a part of me keeps thinking of the weight on your head.
Posted in Heart matters, home
Tagged about me, dreadlocks, dreads, hair, hairstyles, love, natural hair, relationships, stuff about me, stuff I like
- My faith and sometimes looking through my Bible and reading a section that in times past inspired or encouraged me
- Chatting with my sisters about ALL things under the starts
- Random Whatsapp/ Gchat conversations with a friend
- Pilates on Tuesday morning
- Getting into a book so much that you feel like you and the characters are one
- A hot cuppa at just the right time
- Catching up on blogs I love
- Music and Podcasts
- Browsing through a bookshop
- Cooking, baking or trying out a new recipe
What inspires you?
Posted in books, design, good, Heart matters, home, madness, marriage, school
Tagged about, books, conversations, design, dot, family, friends, good, Heart matters, home, madness, marriage, misc, Pilates, school, stuff I like