Posted in life, working
Tagged break-up, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, France Votes, Le Pen, life lessons, migration, Podcasts, Rachel Dolezal, recipes, relationships, slavery, working
- A simple way to think of writing, in three parts.
- Now I am even more confused about Westgate,Nairobi (37 minute audio recording)
- Ten ways to help you improve your eating habits. Particularly #1 on doubbling up on veggies.
- A quick tuna chickpea salad.
- Light quick read on the history of Vlisco making fabrics for Africa (Won’t talk today about my feelings of appropriation where this is concerned)
- A longer history of Vlisco here …
- So Rachel Dolezal does not get it at all! Still, six months later and with a baby on the way!!
- “what’s the danger of not training the people who stay?” Another classic Seth Godin post.
- The NYT’s best pics for the year
- Pleased to hear there are measurable and positive benefits to the show 16 and Pregnant coz I really like the show!
Posted in design, life, madness
Tagged 16 and Pregnant, Africa, cooking, cultural appropriation, design, economics, life, madness, Nairobi, NY Times, Rachel Dolezal, recipes, Seth Godin, Vlisco, writing
I quite enjoyed putting together the food-related Sunday Reads but this week I went back to the more generic content. Enjoy!!
- My sister recently asked about these food in a box services in Kenya. Any leads anyone?
- I love this Op-Ed on the Bruce Jenner story. As a Christian, struggling to figure out this whole business so I will stick to his initial name and gender.
- This makes genius business sense – buy the left over luggage and on-sell it. Wonder what happens in South Africa and Kenya or Uganda.
- Bringing beautiful Kiswahili sayings to the modern-day world. Nice!! Check out the artists’ tumblr here.
- Tried this recipe this week and how YUMMY!
- Loving these suggested titles to Rachel “I-Identify-As-Black” Dolezal’s possible memoir title.
- How many of these do you remember the before look?
- God really made us all so unique. Loving these pictures of these different cultures
- “Affordable” Weekend Gateaways in Cape Town. JUST!
Posted in design, Heart matters, home, life
Tagged Bruce Jenner, business plans, cultures, design, food, Heart matters, home, Kiswahili, life, photography, Rachel Dolezal, Sunday Reads, time