- Follow first hand accounts of a former homebody on WordPress.com
It looks like the WordPress site URL is incorrectly configured. Please check it in your widget settings.
Categories I write about
Themes that tag at my heartabout me about us Africa beauty Being Black belief blogging books Books reading Cape Town change children Christianity cooking design dot economics education faith family fashion female friendship Feminism food foreigners friends friendship God good growing up. growth hair Heart matters home home decor Johannesburg Kenya language life life lessons love loves madness marriage me misc motherhood music Nairobi natural hair Nigeria Obama parenthood parenting Podcasts race random random musings reading recipes relationships religion school South Africa Sunday Reads tea travel Uganda Urban dictionary weddings weddings. planning women women and work work working
Tag Archives: photography
Of all of them, I would probably only want to visit Luanda and hopefully at someone else’s cost!
- Some of the narratives driving Kenya’s election.
- 17 strategies for the workplace.
- The place of the woman in the church: two similar views. One and Two.
- Stunning pictures of Ethiopia.
- Some amazing things to say to your dad
- On home and identity within Nigeria.
- You are better than you think you are.
- Wearing hair scarves.
- How many bible chapters do you know?
- Did you/did you not take your husbands surname? I didn’t/ haven’t.
- On praying for the salvation of lost family.
- I’ve been to one of these five cities.
- The terrible plight of women MPs in Kenya during the campaign period.
- .. and my earlier post on this situation here.
- Interested in the decolonisation of education taking place at the African Leadership University in Mauritius? Please also look at the comments, very insightful.
- Africa cannot continue to globalise like this.
- Great investigative work on this piece relating how refugees have become a commodity in and of themselves.
- Loved this article about divorce statistics in Kenya.
- So Nigeria has 371 tribes? Wowza
- Second book in my to-read list on contemporary Uganda and what it means to b e Ugandan. The first is the memoir Flame and Song.
- Matrescence: The process of becoming a mother.
- Photos are worth a thousand words. More photography.
- Guys, our childhood songs HAD a problem. Stay Woke!
- I have been struggling with negative thoughts recently.
- Some relationship advice for you. And you.
- Oh being asked this question in the fast few months after being married. EEEK!!
- YES to the mental load that women work with. If anyone asked me for marital advice: I would say ask him, make him a real partner even with the housework.
- Orange peel tea sangria.
- Thai tea ice cream.
- Cooking with chicken breasts.
- More grilled chicken recipes.
I quite enjoyed putting together the food-related Sunday Reads but this week I went back to the more generic content. Enjoy!!
- My sister recently asked about these food in a box services in Kenya. Any leads anyone?
- I love this Op-Ed on the Bruce Jenner story. As a Christian, struggling to figure out this whole business so I will stick to his initial name and gender.
- This makes genius business sense – buy the left over luggage and on-sell it. Wonder what happens in South Africa and Kenya or Uganda.
- Bringing beautiful Kiswahili sayings to the modern-day world. Nice!! Check out the artists’ tumblr here.
- Tried this recipe this week and how YUMMY!
- Loving these suggested titles to Rachel “I-Identify-As-Black” Dolezal’s possible memoir title.
- How many of these do you remember the before look?
- God really made us all so unique. Loving these pictures of these different cultures
- “Affordable” Weekend Gateaways in Cape Town. JUST!
- What would a similar experiment reveal for various African states?
- The benefits of being an ally to a working mom
- If you love beautiful pics and who doesn’t?
- If you ever wondered about the Porn industry in Japan. It’s a dog’s job but the article reveals so much of their society so do read.
- I actually thought that Pinterest was too cool for me. Good explanation of the changes.
- All I can do is wish these two a quick and speedy recovery, SMH!
- Cauliflower Barley Risotto
- Moroccan Carrot & Quinoa salad
- 20 beautiful pasta recipes
- For next time someone asks me about kids
- Babies in a Birkin Bag?? Yep! Seems its a thing!
- If you like weddings, or specifically, Nigerian Weddings that are a category in themself