I admire people who can tell so much in a post by using bullet points and when I try to, I instead do a brain dump of links I have loved as clearly brevity does not come so easily to me but I shall attempt to charge ahead.
- Went for the AfCon 2013 final match at Soccer City and let’s just say it was a mini-Abuja all right.
- Well done Burkina Faso, the little bus that could!
- Finally my Pilates class is back to normal numbers – the last two weeks, I’ve had to rush there to get a spot!
- Certainly won’t miss the heavy breathers that totally mistook what breathing out means. Its just normal breathing, nothing heavy and fancy!
- The Pope is resigning! Slowly now, The. Pope. Is. Resigning.
- Kenya votes on the 4th of March and I do not like the vibe I am getting off Facebook – I just pray that it does not become very tribal and degenerate into a violent episode like five years back.
- My phone, a Blackberry Curve, is over its sell-by date and is totally actin up. Looking for a new one!
- Would you believe, still waiting to watch the season Finale of Homeland Season 2! (NO spoilers please)
- Watched two silly movies recently: For a good time call (I’m the girl who loved Jack and Miri … ) and The Campaign. Judge away.
I left town at about the time that Koffi Annan came to mediate this round of talks and so im out of the loop here. What’s the Government spokesman talking about now? Have they released the names of the top politicians who have been banned from visiting the US of A? What’s this talk of power sharing? I heard also that Pakistan has also held their elections, ALREADY? wasn’t it just the other day Dec 27th( now why can i vividly tell that?) that Benazir died and they canceled the elections to a latter date, has it come and gone then? this school thing is a total time consumer of me so just bear with me its not stemming from plain ignorance. Has Samuel Kivuitu resurfaced? is he going to church and all that, does he ever leave his home or is it some kind of house arrest that we don’t know about? why isn’t the press picking up on that and papparazing him to see what he is spending his days on and all that. Is he still the ECK Chair? When can he leave and how do we know that the next person isn’t a mule just like he was? i think he is my new obsession, Hey Mister, I’m intrigued by you cant we sit and talk and I ask you really hard and squirm-in-your-seat questions? drop me a line sincerely yours………
UPDATED: ICC announces the 6 politicians
The stuff that is happening in kenya is out of this world.who knew or even imagined that things would ever disintegrate to such chaos and uncertaintity? at this point it doesnt matter so much about the elections and who rigged where or by how much, the bottom line is that many have lost their lives and continue to do so and something needs to be done about it promptly. some of the politicians who are out there making these hard line stances arent the same ones who are being flogged by the police and having their houses and businesses being burnt down left, right and centre. its in fact amazing that the people who have the least going for them are the same ones who can afford the time and energy to dedicate to the “cause” whatever that would be.