Posted in life, working
Tagged break-up, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, France Votes, Le Pen, life lessons, migration, Podcasts, Rachel Dolezal, recipes, relationships, slavery, working
- Women, language, rites of passage and the khanga.
- Cobalt mining and the lost lives in The DR Congo.
- Rhino poaching in South Africa.
- Attitudes to marriage in certain communities.
- Nairobi’s art and culture scene.
- Pssst! Africans also migrate within the continent.
- SERENA. WILLIAMS. SWOON!!!
A reporter asked Williams whether she should be considered one of the greatest female athletes of all time. Her perfect response: “I prefer the words ‘one of the greatest athletes of all time.’”
Posted in good, home, life, marriage, working
Tagged DR Congo, Kenya, marriage, migration, Nairobi, poaching, rhinos, Serena Williams, South Africa, women
Posted in Heart matters, life, marriage
Tagged arranged marriage, fatherhood, Google, India, Johannesburg, loneliness, love, migration, Obama, Olympics, recycling, relationships, travel
Posted in Heart matters, home, life, madness
Tagged baking, cake, coconut, data, economics, fish, food, Heart matters, home, life, madness, Malcolm Gladwell, migration, parenthood, Refugees, statistics, Tinder, Twitter, violence
Travelled with some friends this weekend and so the Sunday reads were a bit late but here goes …
- A perfect age to get married? HUH? How old were you when you got married/ will you wait before you get married?
- Looking for various ways to use tomatoes in your cooking?
- Because I always wanted to be a pathologist …
- Because my two sisters have sons, here are a list of things that mommies of boys can do together.
- Obama will be in Nairobi for the weekend (and the city has shut down)
- I want to meet this girl. We could be friends. I am sure.
- I like this video and the subjects discussion on relationships, race, being foreign and gender.
- People over migration policy any day!
- If you are looking to make a very South African dish– mieliepap bread.
- Such a positive story. There are people whose lives are truly driven by a cause bigger than themselves
- Cauliflower tice biryani salad! YUM!
Posted in home, marriage, working
Tagged cooking, friendship, home, marriage, migration, motherhood, Obama, passion, relationships, work, working
Sent from me on a particularly long drive so enjoy!
- Very sad story about the depths that refugees take to get to better opportunities in the West. Particularly following the news of the two South African stowaways.
- Some beautiful musical sounds! h/t Miss Milli B
- Marriage is so many things but this is a choice that my mind cannot fully wrap itself around. I can’t even …
- Simple explanation(s) why there are fewer women in Tech and possible solutions.
- In case you ever wondered about cooking and what they eat in Space!
- Bye bye SOTRU! I actually feel like I am saying goodbye to a good friend.
- I was just speaking to a colleague about how to make good food cheap for the poorer folk to be able to eat wholesomely.
- A better question to ask in life: What did I learn rather than did I win?
- No more sorry for me!
- I literally licked my lips as I read this recipe for Morccaan Spiced Pumpkin and Chickpea stew 🙂
- YUM!!! And this Coconut Quinoa bowl.
- I have enjoyed reading about this project – to read across the world in one year – over the years and the preparation for the Audiobook is no different.
- I love this DIY Activity and would love to try it one day
Posted in home
Tagged cooking, DIY, food, home, life, marriage, migration, music, Podcasts, reading, recipes, Refugees, religion, SOTRU, STEM, women
Some stuff online that I have read recently.