I happened to find this rough draft reviewing Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.
- I watched the show in bits which I thought was great. I am definitely not the kind of person that has to watch shows in one sitting.
- Before watching the show I remember thinking that Rory was the inner me as a teenager, and wondering whether she would embody me as a (Young) Adult in 2016. And did she? YEP!! She so did. Many times and again yes.
- Rory the overachiever who meets the real world? Did she peak too early?? In this story line I could very much see myself and how I am procrastinating on the PhD. I also had occasion to look back at my career and wonder whether it had been good enough!!! Still not sure, the jury is definitely out.
- I love how they speak of complex (Lorelai and Emily) and simple (Lorelai and Rory) mom-daughter relationships. Not a one sizer at all. I also love how the updated show switched up these dynamics.
- Luke and Lorelai. Comfortable but yearning for more. Their dynamic totally made me think of the Mr and I and our dynamics.
- Lorelai and Luke’s wedding made me want to get married again?
- The MUSICAL??? What the hell was that for? We could definitely have given it a miss and the show would have been so much better.
- Love the reference to current culture. Hamilton, The Wild, Marie Kondo, Uber (Oooba). Love it!!
- Loved that Richard was part of the show despite his death. Very touching.
- #Teamlogan. Back then and still to date. As a married person though, I did not like how this story line played out.
- Wasn’t sure that we were meant to believe that Rory needed three phones. In 2016? Really???
- Cliff hanger of an ending!!! Does this mean there will be a second one late next year? Please say yes!!!
Did you watch the show? What were your thoughts (if you can remember)?