Posted in Heart matters, home, life, working
Tagged Africa, documentaries, food, friendship, governance, John Legend, parenting, post-partum depression, Queen Elizabeth
Also known as what happens in the real life that almost always constricts a great blogging schedule!
- Upcycling old kitchenware beautifully!
- Weep for this generation 😦
- Great (and practical) ways to teach your children about money.
- Yet another lentil recipe.YUM!!!
- Another chai recipe – cupcakes this time.
- Vegetarian biryani. YUM!
- Something we also learn about marriage on the grind.
- Because she is that bit close to John Legend.
- On testing teenagers for AIDS.
- I know someone whose Dr could not tell her the right size of her baby. Very scary and confusing for the mom-to-be.
- Some things to do for yourself this year. I like the bit about having therapy, kinda feeling that vybe this year. Also, exploring your new city or going to a totally new place.
- Five strategies to get your academic writing “unstuck”.
- Youngest person to buy a Gulfstream Jet is a Malawian Pastor. Will leave that there.
Happy Sunday and reading!
Posted in design, home, marriage, school, working
Tagged AIDS, cooking, design, growing up., home, interior design, John Legend, life, loves, marriage, motherhood, recipes, school, Sunday Reads, teenagers, working, writing
Over a mug of tea or your drink of choice, please enjoy!
- How much does it cost to travel with Obama?
- As 35 is not TOO far off …
- John Legend, my first love
- What is your biggest regret? Well read this, watch this
- Young unemployed males (nonemployeds) and what they do
- How do you generate new ideas? One or Two
What did you read and enjoy from this past week?
Over the next few days, I shall be reviewing different aspects of the wedding. Please stick around and let me know your thoughts.
The Mr and I really love our music and it’s something we do separately and jointly. Below is music that means a lot to us and that will always remind us of our special day. Hope you enjoy!
Grooms and Best men entry song
Bridal party exit
Bridal party march into reception
Garter toss – the DJ played something here but this is the song I wish I had the nerve to play!
I LOVED all our songs and if I do say so myself, the first dance song(s) was epic!!
Posted in home
Tagged about me, about us, Davido, Diamond, home, Hugh Masekela, John Legend, marriage, music, Story of a wedding, Wedding, weddings. planning
For no reason at all, I would like to share the following information about myself.
Reading: Recently finished We Need New Names (NoViolet Bulawayo) and I needed something light so I picked up Minding Frankie (Maeve Binchy) and next Untitled (Kgebetli Moele)
Listening: No new albums at the moment rehashing some oldies but goodies: Miracle – Third Day and Love in the future – John Legend
Watching: Waiting for the new Scandal and How to get away with murder. In the meantime, I have really gotten into My Kitchen Rules on telly.
Eating: Aubergines, I have never tried figs but I am lusting after them, Couscous. My oven is not working – neither the plates nor the oven so my diet has become very limited.
Cooking: This week – Risotto; Sausage and bean stew: Pumpkin and sage pasta
Buying: I want to get myself a pair of blue jeans and some make up this month.
Anticipating: Christmas but for now I will settle on the weekend
Dreading: A 10km run on the 2nd of November
Posted in books, Heart matters
Tagged aubergines, books, Heart matters, John Legend, Kgebetli Moele, Maeve Binchy, My Kitchen Rules, Nike Soweto Marathon, NoViolet Bulawayo, Third Day
finally its here, the day that gives us all the excuse to buy red roses and cards and go out for lunch,dinner and breakfast where possible.
i guess love makes the world go round. love gives us all the reason to live. without love arent we all just empty cymbals making a dull noise?
so i guess i join the queue and shout from the tops of the rooftop ” Happy Valentine y’all”
isnt it just another excuse to listen to John Legend all day then, yey!