I consume a lot of stuff online or on television and I know that the stuff I like best is anything that I can read and feel in some ways that it represents my inner voice. Like what you ask?
- Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls. In many ways she is my inner voice from when I was 16 until now at 32 – she is what the inner me wants to be.
- Cup of Jo. This blog is what I wish that my own little corner of the internet would grow up to be.
- Call your Girlfriend. This podcast reminds me of conversations I would have with my best gal pal and sans the cursing. As the tag line promises, it is the podcast for long distance besties which we happen to be.
- Julia Braverman and her family because I REALLY loved the show Parenthood.
- Tamar and Vince. Something about this show reminds me of the Mr and I . I also say that Tamar is the inner last born I always wish my family allowed me to be.
- Randal and Beth Pearson from This is Us is another portrayal of how I think the Mr and I relate to each other. If ever there was a couple on TV that I would happily squeal #Relationshipgoals it would be them.
And you, who/ what represents that inner voice?
Posted in Heart matters
Tagged about us, blogs i like, Call Your Girlfriend, Cup of Jo, friendship, Gilmore Girls, marriage, parenthood, Podcasts, Relationship Goals, Tamar Braxton, This is Us, TV
I happened to find this rough draft reviewing Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.
- I watched the show in bits which I thought was great. I am definitely not the kind of person that has to watch shows in one sitting.
- Before watching the show I remember thinking that Rory was the inner me as a teenager, and wondering whether she would embody me as a (Young) Adult in 2016. And did she? YEP!! She so did. Many times and again yes.
- Rory the overachiever who meets the real world? Did she peak too early?? In this story line I could very much see myself and how I am procrastinating on the PhD. I also had occasion to look back at my career and wonder whether it had been good enough!!! Still not sure, the jury is definitely out.
- I love how they speak of complex (Lorelai and Emily) and simple (Lorelai and Rory) mom-daughter relationships. Not a one sizer at all. I also love how the updated show switched up these dynamics.
- Luke and Lorelai. Comfortable but yearning for more. Their dynamic totally made me think of the Mr and I and our dynamics.
- Lorelai and Luke’s wedding made me want to get married again?
- The MUSICAL??? What the hell was that for? We could definitely have given it a miss and the show would have been so much better.
- Love the reference to current culture. Hamilton, The Wild, Marie Kondo, Uber (Oooba). Love it!!
- Loved that Richard was part of the show despite his death. Very touching.
- #Teamlogan. Back then and still to date. As a married person though, I did not like how this story line played out.
- Wasn’t sure that we were meant to believe that Rory needed three phones. In 2016? Really???
- Cliff hanger of an ending!!! Does this mean there will be a second one late next year? Please say yes!!!
Did you watch the show? What were your thoughts (if you can remember)?
Posted in home, life, school, working
Tagged adulting, Gilmore Girls, growing up., Lorelai, Luke, marriage, motherhood, reviews, Rory, TV
I have enjoyed my annual post every day in October challenged and it’s only fitting to end with the Gilmore Girls trailer.
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE 25TH OF NOVEMBER. OH MY HEART!!!
Posted in home
Tagged #Feesmustfall, babies, Cape Town, Castor oil, cauliflower, children, cooking, death, fashion, Gilmore Girls, hair, home, Koili, Korea, life, Netflix, Olive oil, parenthood, Podcasts, Quinoa, recipes, Rory Gilmore
- Bringing up spoilt kids and how we have allowed it! This is my worst, worst, worst fear!
- I love potato salad but I hate mayo. Here are some alternative dressings.
- Hilarious ad with little kiddos on my world’s favorite topic – poo!!
- I loved Rory Gilmore. I wanted her life (actually still do). We are so due for a Movie!
- I would still buy one of these dolls at all of thirty!
- BECAUSE Hummus!
- To take or not your husbands surname? Main article and Readers response (NYT Articles)
- Three foodie bloggers that piqued my interest this week: Alexandra Cooks | Eat in my Kitchen | Dishing up the Dirt
- Such a sad story but also inspiring about the strength of mankind.
Posted in home
Tagged advertisements, bloggers, cooking, dolls, foodie bloggers, genocide, Gilmore Girls, home, mankind, marriage, parenthood, Rwanda, surnames