- I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. Galatians 2:20
- You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians 4:22-24
- Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. Luke 9:23-24
We are not our own, we have bought with His precious blood in order to live a life worthy of the calling we have received (as prisoners for the Lord) Ephesians 4:1! The life we live must show that we are Christ’s redeemed, being renewed by the transformation of our minds (Romans 12:2) and shedding light as a light on the hill (Matthew 5:14).
Posted in Heart matters, life
Tagged Christianity, Ephesians, faith, freedom, Galatians, Heart matters, Jesus Christ, journey, life, Matthew, purpose, renewal, Romans, transformation
Two thoughts dancing through my brain right now?
You don’t need permission to be you
… For the devil comes to kill, steal and destroy but I have come that you may have life and life in abundance … (John 10.10)
Go forth and release the dreams that you have burning up inside you. You know, the ones that won’t let you rest at night and that you see first thing in the morning when you wake.
Posted in books, design, good, Heart matters, home, madness, marriage, school
Tagged abundant living, authentic living, Be You, books, design, dot, dreams, freedom, good, Heart matters, home, madness, marriage, misc, school
- For the freedom to worship God and to have a personal and meaningful relationship with Him.
- For a few years in the recent past I was involved in a four-part bible study called BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) International and this week with news reports of the Pope and Desmond Tutu, I was reminded again of why it is important to read God’s word and interpret it for myself (obvs in line with His teachings).
- We have had such a mild Winter this year and I am utterly grateful for the many beautiful days we have had!
- The unquestioning love of a mother? Definitely not a little thing but manifested in so many little ways each day that we live and experience it.
- I borrowed library books in June and they were due at the start of July, I returned them over three weeks later and the fine was miniscule. I love it when such surprises come along you way!
- Finding a parking spot close to the entry into the main building: once, while dropping my mum off at the airport (and check-in had already started) and secondly, at the office because by the time I usually get her allocated parking for the company is often almost full.
- I have resumed Pilates on Tuesday mornings! Only the best activity ever!
What little things have caught your eyes recently?
On this day, I remember that we were all home and my dad was transfixed to the telly watching Mandela being released from prison. The thing that stuck out the most in my mind was that the telly was on during the day because that pretty much never happened at our home. Its twenty years on and as with any newly independent nation, this is when the cracks begin to show and all the hope that was felt on that day begins to evaporate a whole lot more.