“To all the little girls out there,
we will set fire to this world
that steals your childhoods
and stops you from being
everything you want to be,
and build you a better one from the ashes,
the kind of world that treasures you
for all your powerful capabilities.”
– Nikita Gill, Women’s March 2018
Posted in Heart matters, home, life, working
Tagged Bible, bible god, Bible Study, Chimamanda, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Christianity, faith, female friendship, flexi working, friendship, recipes, This is Us, working
When I am a lazy blogger, I always come back with a myriad of links for people to enjoy. This time is no different either, so enjoy!!
- My new love, mussels and here is a recipe to try it out.
- This article made me wish I had a job that allowed for more flexi working in terms of location.
- If/When I get a daughter, I pray I teach her some of these lessons, particularly 6,12, 15,24, 25, 31 combined with 32, 36, 37, 71, 87, 91, 92 and 93.
- Heard a week where I just wanted to listen some inspiring TEDTalks and this blog post nicely summarises some of the Top 20 talks of the last year.
- Since I recently read Malcolm Gladwell’s David and Goliath, this critic of the 10,000 hour rule sounds fitting.
- Brilliant article on how to get the most from your employees while giving them the opportunity or the necessary leg up.
- I definitely feel upset by the President saying, in response to Nkandla-gate, that I did not ask for the R250m renovations on my house. EPIC FAIL!!!
- I am totally overdosing on food porn and these are some of my best blogs at the moment: Naturally Ella, Food52, Serious Eats, Love and Lemons and Smitten Kitchen.
- As I am currently looking at stationery, it was a pleasant surprise to stumble upon Google Fonts.
Hope I have made sufficient amends for my absence on the posting front.
Posted in home
Tagged 10000 Rule, cooking, flexi working, Food Porn, Google, Google Fonts, home, lessons for my daughters, mussels, Nkandla, TEDtalks