- We unpacked our wedding gifts and as we reminisced about the little parts of the wedding.
- I went back to living with my sister and nephew and something was missing and I knew it was the Mr.
- My family would ask whether I had checked with the Mr before doing …
- His aunts would thank me for all sorts of things.
- His family would ask after me when he went for family stuff solo.
- It just made sense to clarify our plans before committing us socially.
- We hosted our first set of people at our first place.
Some days are better than others but most times I do feel married and I can’t even say what it is that makes it more than just when we were dating.
Posted in Heart matters, home, marriage
Tagged about us, being married, dating, Expectations, family, growing up., growth, life, life lessons, love, marriage, relationships
Some Sunday reads to atone for the blog silence.
- Heard of the BECONS (Behavioural Economics Oscars)? Read more here
- Bringing Ferguson to our (Kenyan) backyard
- The paradox that is Cuba
- I have become a “Serial” junkie – please read various op-eds here
- And because no one talks about the groom and their wedding day
- A review of 2014 in outrage
- On rising above expectations
- Revolutionising people management
- NPR’s best books of 2014. And A tournament in books?
- Can you incentivise safe sex?
Enjoy, thank me later!!
Posted in books, good, marriage, working
Tagged Behavioural Economics, books, Cuba, Expectations, Ferguson, good, Kenya, marriage, people management, Serial - the Podcast, Sunday Reads, weddings, working