This blog has slowly become a firm favourite. I thought this was a whimsical post but it definitely gave me ideas of how to prepare our guest room when we have visitors.
What do I currently do?
Growing up, my mom always made us pack a towel a face cloth and other personal items we might require when we go visiting. I have slowly learnt that not everyone packs these so I have since had to include guest towels when I prepare the room.
I also ensure the guests have a set of keys and boy does knowing that there is extra toilet paper help a tonne.
I also stock the house with food and then on the second or third night when the guests arrive, I take them along to the shops so they can shop for food and personal effects that they might need that I do no have in the house – it certainly helps guests to feel at home. This and knowing where the breakfast cereals, tea and coffee is in the house.
From this post, I have since learnt to include the following items for that home away from home feel.
- A luggage rack, I read this and the simplicity but indulgence of it made me happy.
- A mirror so that guests can prep themselves once they get up.
- A box of tissues.
- Clearing out shelf and hanging space and providing a few hangers for use
- Stocking up the sugar bowl – I don’t add sugar to my tea/coffee so it’s an
issue to remember that other do.
How do you prepare yourself to host guests?
Sometimes we forget to take a moment and breathe in and out and say Thank you God for all I have and all that I am. And so today, I would like to take that opportunity to say thanks, publicly because sometimes by sharing our testimonies, we can encourage or strengthen each other.
- The freedom to enjoy my religion. To worship God openly, freely and with most of my friends around me.
- My nuclear family and all of our spouses and now the children. I am so thankful for each of them. Also the specific joy they each bring and the fact that the heart is such a curious thing, with each new person you think it’s impossible to love like this, except your hearts ability keeps growing and growing.
- Good health. A strong body and being able to exercise regularly, while loving it and enjoying it. For my all time love, PILATES.
- A great bunch of friends back home and now here. Friends to talk through serious topics with, laugh at things, encourage each other, set goals with, watch get married, have babies, hear of their joys and lows …
- A job and a career that I love and that I am passionate about.
- Wise money decisions and a partner that feels the same. To be seemingly debt free, not as a boast, but because I have forced myself to forfeit so many things to maintain this status.
- For the ability to read and all the books that I currently have on my to-read-list.
- My car had an issue this week and it hit me then, how much I have come to rely on it. So I am grateful for that!! A lot.
- I have had a great week of listening to podcasts and my soul is so much better. If I ever had one choice between TV and Radio, easy, Radio any day!!
- Kind of a repetition of #2 but I am most grateful for my Mr and the life we have built up together and the fact that right now we have so much to look forward to, jointly and singly. I would not change things if I could and I am so happy that you are in my life, until the bitter end ❤
What are you most grateful for this day?
Prompt courtesy of A Beautiful Mess
Drove to Durban and back this past weekend with the Mr for a family funeral and took these two pics half an hour apart just as the sun came up.
Even in the saddest of moments, we are always reminded of God’s beauty and His power. RIP Uncle ..