Some lovely reads this week as you can see below.
- Goodbye Downton Abbey
- A Vietnamese coffee cake
- Cooking with cauliflower. Ten recipes.
- … specifically this cauliflower risotto. YUM!!
- Go big or go home in relation to Nigerian Weddings. Thank God we did not have that pressure way back when …
- Restoring the world’s oldest library.
- This broke my heart this week. Teenagers who kill in order to become famous or get a following. JUST SAD!!
- I am really keen for Fuller House. Nostalgia, much?
- Again, why women friendships are the bomb diggity!
Historically, friendships between women provided them with attention, affection and an outlet for intellectual or political exchange in eras when marriage, still chiefly a fiscal and social necessity, wasn’t an institution from which many could be sure of gleaning sexual or companionate pleasure.
For many women, friends are our primary partners through life; they are the ones who move us into new homes, out of bad relationships, through births and illnesses. Even for women who do marry, this is true at the beginning of our adult lives, and at the end — after divorce or the death of a spouse.
Enjoy and have a lovely Sunday.
Posted in design, good, life
Tagged cake, cauliflower, design, Downton Abbey, egomaniacs, Fuller House, good, library, life, Nigeria, recipes, Risotto, teenagers, TV, weddings, women, women friendships
Posted in home
Tagged #Feesmustfall, babies, Cape Town, Castor oil, cauliflower, children, cooking, death, fashion, Gilmore Girls, hair, home, Koili, Korea, life, Netflix, Olive oil, parenthood, Podcasts, Quinoa, recipes, Rory Gilmore
Some great reads coming up from a less than warm Joburg morning 🙂
- Love this blogger, her pictures are spectacular. Check out her guide to the off-track places to visit in Joburg.
- Two very opposing views on Rihanna’s latest video. I watched the preview on the BET Awards then I caught twenty seconds of the actual video and I stopped. I think it’s gross and demeaning. View one, View two.
- Some reading lists from Africa and India.
- Some influential Africans to watch on Twitter.
- The blogger herself is actually quite a lovely writer too!
- In case you are wondering what to do with an overload of cauliflower and zuccini.
- I am not my hair. I have my hair natural and locked but I accept that different versions work for different African women and people should select what they like and work with that and not judge other women for choosing to do something different with their hair.
- I love this lady’s home. VERY MUCH!!
- Definitely trying out this Chicken/Rice recipe this weekend.
- Might also try this chicken and couscous salad recipe.
- Wanna know how your income fares globally? Try this Calculator here.
- More about how Uber enters markets.
- Very interesting conversation around amateur porn by Rashida Jones (Be warned, the content could be offensive for sensitive readers)
- Looking to volunteer your time at a worthy cause? Here is a site that connects volunteers to need.
- Do you love to learn something new each day?
Posted in home
Tagged Africa, beauty, Blogs, books, cauliflower, cooking, decor, economics, hair, home, India, Johannesburg, recipes, Rihanna, Twitter, Uber