I have always said this and I hope this ad starts to change the conversation significantly.
Only then do we get whole men and a better society in general.
- On the importance of community in marriage.
- Beautiful images of women.
- Famous logos – before and after.
- Me right now …
- This skirt seems fairly simple enough to stitch.
- On getting rid of all the pause/fillers we use in conversation.
- Love is a verb! Yep, like this!
- Not a fan of kale but this looks like a yummy salad and I love the dressing.
- All male panels in Development and 2016. Really?
- Desegragation and education of minorities. (NYT article)
This Hippo advert provides serious fodder for a pre-marital class. Husbands never want to hear they are nothing like your father or wives that you wish she could be more like your mom.
Hilarious ad though that captures the message adequately!
Other adverts available here and here.
- Linguistically this is why Mama and Baba (Mother and Father in Kiswahili) is almost universal?
- On the returns to tertiary education in South Africa. Also this.
- Some people really have a great calling on their lives!!
- Beautiful pictures of African kids and their creative hairstyles.
- My Pastor was on to something when he spoke about how the child’s environment in the womb is very important! (Video)
- Funny how some product adverts go so left that at the end you have to think back to what they could have been advertising. This video is a case in point.
- What a gem this video is, dismissive of North Korea but normal against Queen Elizabeth’s birthday and other Royal celebrations.
- Would you know how to pronounce this town’s name, Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio-gogogoch? Watch how to here.
- Some people are really leading interesting lives and following some lovely passions they personally have, watch.
- This is what contact lenses looked like 67 years ago!! Jeez!!
- Quick and easy couscous salad
A friend is getting married today, shout outs and best wishes.
Posted in design, good, home, life, school
Tagged #Feesmustfall, adoption, advertisements, African hairstyles, British monarchy, children development, contact lenses, cooking, couscous, design, good, home, Kiswahili, language, life, North Korea, passion, salad, school, South Africa, Tertiary education, video
- Bringing up spoilt kids and how we have allowed it! This is my worst, worst, worst fear!
- I love potato salad but I hate mayo. Here are some alternative dressings.
- Hilarious ad with little kiddos on my world’s favorite topic – poo!!
- I loved Rory Gilmore. I wanted her life (actually still do). We are so due for a Movie!
- I would still buy one of these dolls at all of thirty!
- BECAUSE Hummus!
- To take or not your husbands surname? Main article and Readers response (NYT Articles)
- Three foodie bloggers that piqued my interest this week: Alexandra Cooks | Eat in my Kitchen | Dishing up the Dirt
- Such a sad story but also inspiring about the strength of mankind.
Posted in home
Tagged advertisements, bloggers, cooking, dolls, foodie bloggers, genocide, Gilmore Girls, home, mankind, marriage, parenthood, Rwanda, surnames