The finalists for the 2018 Caine Prize for African Writing were announced earlier this week. The Caine Prize for African Writing is a registered charity whose aim is to bring African writing to a wider audience using our annual literary award. The finalists hail from Kenya :), South Africa and Nigeria and here are their short stories:
- Nonyelum Ekwempu (Nigeria) for American Dream
- Stacy Hardy (South Africa) for Involution
- Olufunke Ogundimu (Nigeria) for The Armed Letter Writers
- Makena Onjerika (Kenya) for Fanta Blackcurrant
- Wole Talabi (Nigeria) for Wednesday’s Story
I wanna challenge myself to read them all and then guess which one will win. Join me?