My sister recently made a comment about how I watch a lot of reality TV and initially I was taken aback but then I realised that she is right. So I decided not to edit myself and blog about Becoming Mrs Jones as it plays on Vuzu Amp.
- As I am not really a fan of Minnie Dlamini so I am largely indifferent and it will just be thoughts as they occur to me but firstly, I am not sure that we need this show – she says its a chance for her to take control of her story but I am just not convinced.
- Sweet touch to include her parents and let us know some of the background / growing up story. They are a very good looking family.
- As a foreigner, it’s always interesting to hear about people’s traditional practices – whether I agree with them or not.
- I don’t really like that she is seated so close to the camera talking – I suppose the ideas is to make it intimate but I don’t think it is flattering for her.
- ASIDE: So glad that we got married how we did because weddings now are such a big deal. There seems to be pressure to have the engagement filmed, then a larger than life engagement party topped by an even bigger wedding. Wowza!!
- I actually love her engagement ring. It’s gorgeous.
- Waiting to see the interaction between Mr and Mrs and I didn’t necessarily get that. The closest was them talking in the car but even then, it felt somewhat inauthentic. But, I still get their vybe and you cannot deny that they are a beautiful couple.
- It was a nice touch for her to take her mom and mom-in-law to the dress fitting. My wedding was so dramatic but in hindsight, I wish I had thought of getting my mom-in-law somehow involved.
- Watching her try on her dress, I was struck by the places I went to that made you take off your make up lest you make their dresses dirty. Clearly they were dodge places that I went to.
- Well scratch the bit about no interaction between them, I liked the fight before the surprise because y’all weddings are stressful.
- I like her philosphoy regarding how great their bridal party needed to look. We also felt the same way and insisted that each of them aim to look stunning and they certainly did.
Did you watch it? What did you think?