When I moved to Cape Town, I did not expect to like, or GASP love it, as much as I did Johannesburg. Two years on, I feel like I am cheating on my first love but here goes a list of things I love about the city.
- Franschhoek and the annual literary festival
- The Book Lounge
- The Mountain View
- Camps Bay – I don’t do this often because it gets touristy and it’s a big contrast to the daily inequality but occasionally, I do note its’ beauty and appreciate that.
- Wine Farms
- Unstuffy Markets – Mojo Market, Old Biscuit Mill and Oranjezicht. For some reason in Joburg, peeople need to dress up and then get to markets and look like they just walk up like that, URGGGH!!
- An Evening BSF Class
- The Promenade
- Being able to walk around to most places
- A main street that means not having to get into a mall unless you want to, Yay!!!
- Off-street Parking
- Kalk Bay
- A gorgeous CBD
- Love the pace of drivers and their general chill
- It’s a very outdoors and family-oriented place