I am in my favourite city, Joburg so enjoy …
- Something about his writing gives one all the feels. Also, the short list for the 2017 Caine Prize with links to the stories available here.
- South African universities forget that fewer foreign students means they cannot meet their budgetary requirements.Ha!
- Interesting article on how women under invest in the labour market to appear more attractive in the marriage market.
- Like this chick, looking forward to her memoir.
- I love this bridal party photo shoot.
- So unlike me but I really want to start a veggie garden. And here is a garden-DIY combo project.
- Emotional health is key.
- In time of suffering we cannot blame God but we can trust Him.
- Navigating grandparent conflict at the birth of a new baby.
- Raising a feminist son – let him cry, that totally made me stop and think. Summarised here also.
- Also, how we talk to little boys matters.
How can we change this? We can start, says Dr. David, by letting boys experience their emotions, all of them, without judgment — or by offering them solutions. This means helping them learn the crucial lessons that “Emotions aren’t good or bad” and that “their emotions aren’t bigger than they are. They aren’t something to fear. (NYT)