- These tips on how to give a good toast should be mandatory read. The number of wedding toasts I have heard and cringed.
- Free versus structured play. I am all for free play.
- Interesting study on why women share photos of their kids on social media.
- Apparently more people are using video to inform family and friends alike that they are having a baba! (NYT article).
- 10 ways to reduce your wedding budget.
- Yes kids get sick at daycare, but they also get sick less often later. This study proves and my mom always said. (NYT article)
- Such a sad story but so beautifully and heart-warmingly portrayed.
- So much cuteness in these pictures.
- On the messaging that we s(sub) consciously send to our daughters.
- Spicy carrot cumin and coconut soup.
Men have been denied so many safe spaces where they can be men and vulnerable
Guys like us, it turns out, are hungry for a place to talk with other men, particularly about how fatherhood is changing us, and changing writ large. Just as literature has long helped people see that our seemingly personal struggles are universal, being able to talk in this group offers a similar revelation. In an age of near-constant superficial virtual connection, there’s an enormous benefit in having a real life community to confide in more deeply and provide a genuine social network — especially for men and young fathers so often without it.