Some lovely reads this week as you can see below.
- Goodbye Downton Abbey
- A Vietnamese coffee cake
- Cooking with cauliflower. Ten recipes.
- … specifically this cauliflower risotto. YUM!!
- Go big or go home in relation to Nigerian Weddings. Thank God we did not have that pressure way back when …
- Restoring the world’s oldest library.
- This broke my heart this week. Teenagers who kill in order to become famous or get a following. JUST SAD!!
- I am really keen for Fuller House. Nostalgia, much?
- Again, why women friendships are the bomb diggity!
Historically, friendships between women provided them with attention, affection and an outlet for intellectual or political exchange in eras when marriage, still chiefly a fiscal and social necessity, wasn’t an institution from which many could be sure of gleaning sexual or companionate pleasure.
For many women, friends are our primary partners through life; they are the ones who move us into new homes, out of bad relationships, through births and illnesses. Even for women who do marry, this is true at the beginning of our adult lives, and at the end — after divorce or the death of a spouse.
Enjoy and have a lovely Sunday.