I have tried to come up with a weekly serial that I could do here with little success, largely because I would always pick something so complex that would be difficult to replicate in subsequent rounds. This time, I decided to do something simple – talk about the simple things that struck me that week.
Going to Nairobi and Kampala and meeting with family and friends that I have not seen in over 18 months.
Getting over myself and going to spend the night at my sisters marital home.
- Receiving beautiful earrings, bangles and a chain from a dear friend!
- Starting a new job that requires me to carry a packed lunch and always having something fresh to carry.
- Scheduling a meeting in Bedfordview and discovering a lovely part of Johannesburg.
- Driving my mom’s car around the farm.
- Interlocking my locks and having them beautifully styled.
- Sunday lunch with a family friend while listening to local Kenyan music.
Sometimes life gets so busy and we forget to smell the roses and notice the little things. And in the last few months, I have become very guilty of that and so this is a call to myself to go back to basics and start noticing the little things once again.
What little things have caught your eyes recently?