A few months back, I started to compile a list of some (30) things to do before I turned 30 and after a bit of thinking and looking back at my own goals and things that I keep talking of doing and putting off, here they are. Do feel free to suggest more things.
1. Write daily for a month.
2. Participate in a 5km anda 10km race.
3. Start/join a book club.
4. Read through the entire Bible in a year.
5. Volunteer in a short mission.
6. Continue with swimming lessons.
7. Learn to ride a bike.
8. Get married.
9. Learn to speak and/or write an African language.
10. Give time and money to a cause.
11. Visit 5 African countries within a given region.
12. Vote in an election.
13. Host friends to a grand dinner party.
14. Go to pottery classes and make something.
15. Knit andstitch an item of clothing and actually wear it.
16. Go on holiday alone
17. Bunge jump/ some equally insane adventure thing – Canopy tours
18. Make a reading list of 30 books, read and critic them.
19. Road trip to Namibia.
20. Learn to bake/make a decadent dessert.
21. Wake up at Xhr for 28 days to pray for one hour.
22. Take part in a demonstration for a cause
23. Pose for a painting/ have professional pictures taken
24. Pick a restaurant and systematically eat as many things off that menu.
25. Learn to play chess.
26. Watch one of the Grand slams live.
27. Pick a Book award and read all the books from that year’s nominees.
28. Watch movies nominated for a given category at the Oscars.
29. Go on a Christian retreat.
30. Leave the Continent.
31. Start my PhD.
32. Go to a World Cup game in a country I don’t live in.
33. Reconnect with an old friend/ get rid of a particularly stressful friendship.
34. Move out and live on my own for 6 months to a year.
35. Work with my alma-maters and use my skill sets to develop them.
What’s on/ would be on your list of to-do’s?